ALPHV Files complaint on behalf of Victim for failure to comply
by D4RKR4BB1T47 - Friday November 17, 2023 at 01:30 AM
MeridianLink was allegedly compromised by ALPHV which contains a lot of Lapsus$ Members which is rather obvious, However in their refusal to pay ALPHV decided to file a complaint on behalf of it's victims for failure to report a cyber security incident within 4 days.
The blog reads as follows:

Quote:The recent adoption of SEC rules mandates public companies to promptly disclose material cybersecurity incidents under Item 1.05 of Form 8-K within four business days of determining such incidents to be material Despite this requirement, MeridianLink has not fulfilled this obligation regarding the breach it experienced a week ago. We have therefore reported this non-compliance by MeridianLink, Who was involve in a material breach impacting customer data and operational information, for failure to file the required disclosure with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). It appears MeridanLink reached out, but we are yet to receive a message on their end.

This being said, I must say this was rather professional for a group of criminals. Given the wording and citing of rules and regulations of the SEC I ask myself did they hire a lawyer? This seems rather too "advanced" for any normal non-cartel or "Mafia" to carry out such extortion methods which both types of criminal enterprises had lawyers, crooked cops and accountants.. What's notable is the group itself, bought access similar to Lapsus$ when they broke into MGM also employing sim swapping and LinkedIn and seemingly throws temper tantrums on their blog when someone refuses to pay or uses a 3rd party service to circumvent their encryption. On other notes the group has resorted to Sextortion and blackmail along with it's typical extortion methods.
A More detailed thread with proof can be found here: https://nitter.nl/aejleslie/status/1724904358767435779/
This being said, I'm rather impressed by the speed of which they find new and old methods to do their business although I'm sure the IRS and SEC will begin finding ways to end ransomware payments in due time.

Edit: Twitter apparently is blocking Nitter and embeds offsite.
interesting. post thanks for the share

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  México Macuspana Government Files are Published | FREE C0olerHacks 5 1,253 09-13-2023, 02:40 PM
Last Post: dxbi
  Paramount has fallen victim to a hack. Hackers gained access to personal data as a re Ag0stin0 0 521 09-01-2023, 02:44 PM
Last Post: Ag0stin0
  Good bye anon files LowTierGOD 8 1,045 08-29-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: omegatiger57
  Attack Chain AlphV ssrf 9 1,554 07-06-2023, 01:33 PM
Last Post: En3ronthegreat