Quality of Life Updates.
by ShinyHunters - Sunday February 25, 2024 at 12:36 AM
Hello BF community,

We’ve officially reached 100k members for our forum. I think this is a great sign of the progress we are making, and we are continuing to make various improvements overall to the community. These changes are focused on improving the quality of data/services posted on the forum, as well as the ability to make trades with as little friction as possible. Please see updates below:

[1] - General Updates

- [1.a] Escrow

Although it was announced a while back, we want to make it clear to everyone we have an escrow platform within our forum available to our users via the Escrow tab you can see at the top of your page. We are encouraging all users to use this platform, as administrators will no longer be providing escrow services over Telegram.

The platform has no fees, and it available on both our clearweb domain and our onion domain. We’ve lowered the minimum from $50 to $20 so that more users are able to use the platform for their trades. More information can be found here: https://escrow.breachforums.st/about

The “businessman” award will now be verified through escrow trades done on our platform.

- [1.b] Verified Leaks Market

Verified leaks market is now removed. Our focus for the time being is to improve the quality of postings within the leaks marketplace, and possibly introduce more ways to showcase high value vendors on our forum. This section was already dead on bfv1 as many users were not properly attributing their breaches, and many did also not know how to verify the data within their own leaks. 

- [1.c] Staff Applications

All staff applications have been moved to denied.

I would encourage any users who previously applied, to reapply. We are genuinely looking for active users, and people who are known to be of value to our community. Most likely anyone applying from this point will be a section moderator, that way they can focus on cleaning up specific parts of our forum.

Since I have to keep explaining this, let me make this clear .. becoming a moderator will not give you access to user IP’s, emails, literally any identifying information on our users. The moderators simply have some moderation ability to modify post/threads and carry out bans/unbans. If you are trying to apply to staff for anything else but to contribute to the overall quality of the forum, don’t bother applying.

[2] An update to our disallowed blackout activity.

- [2.a] Clarification on credit/debit cards.

These are continued to not be allowed for sale on our forum. However now we’ve made it more clear that also posting them is not permitted either. The only reason these are allowed to be posted if it is included in the original database that was leaked. Adding credit/debit cards to another database does not count.

- [2.b] No sale of drainers, or recruitment for drainer campaigns.

Over the past few months we’ve seen a large increase in users selling drainer tools or recruiting for groups, and most times they just end up being scams. As such, we’re now making it a default ban to post these types of products on our forum. Leaking source code to drainers in the software section is fine.

- [2.c] No software sales, recruitment, development or extortion related to ransomware.

We haven’t really been a forum for ransomware to begin with, but felt we should make it clear our view on ransomware within our community. Ransomware groups are permitted to be on our forum, however they are not allowed to recruit from our forum. They are not allowed to sell their services or software within our community, but they are permitted to sell data as long as it is not being sold only to try and further extort their victim (i.e. “We are selling this leak if $company does not pay.”). Leaking data from ransomware groups is still permitted.

[3] TL;DR

We are cleaning up the forum. It’s been relatively flooded by low quality vendors/scammers, and many of these services/products don’t really line up with what the purpose of our forum is. While some users may not enjoy some of the things we disallow, I think the core of our userbase will be unaffected for the most part. It’s those core members who we will continue to empower on our forum, and who we listen to closely in order to improve our community.