What's the best VPN provider?
by 0x3a - Thursday June 15, 2023 at 09:28 AM
Share your experience :> What's the best VPN you think? Make one yourself, get a VPS and setup your own server, if you INSIST on using a premade one, mullvad is nice
(06-15-2023, 09:28 AM)0x3a Wrote: Share your experience :> What's the best VPN you think? Make one yourself, get a VPS and setup your own server, if you INSIST on using a premade one, mullvad is nice

https://offshore.xbdm.fun/vpn
(06-16-2023, 04:46 AM)cyberman Wrote: I find ProtonVPN a pretty good option, despite what is said. Mullvad and Proton are the only ones I trust for opsec purposes.

Yeah but..
The FBI can. The NSA can.

The police can ask the FBI “pretty please”, and get the information without a warrant.

This is because when you strip the TCP headers, the payload is exactly the same on entry and exit to the VPN.

It’s like watching a house with a front and back door.

A very recognizable woman in a red raincoat walks in the front door.

Moments later, she walks out the back door wearing a blue raincoat.

A little wile later, a very recognizable man with a handlebar mustache in a blue raincoat walks in the back door.

Moments, later, obviously the same man, obviously the same handlebar mustache, walks out the front door, wearing a red raincoat.

The only thing you care about is what’s in the right hand pocket of the coat — the destination address on one side of the house or the other; in the front, that’s going to be the house. In the back, that’s going to be the system the VPN is being used to talk to.

And the left hand pocket, for entering the front door, that’s who sent the person; out the back door, that’s the house again. In the back door, it’s the destination for the VPN connection. Out the front door, again, it’s the house.

A VPN is just a house.

If you watch all the entrances and all of the exits, you know where all the packets are coming from, and where they are going to.
why do you even have to ask this it's mullvad
Bloody missed these threads on the old boards, data mining probably especially when it comes to asking pizza toppings, or pasta suggestions, but it's good to have that level of inquisition to return.

Best VPN? Proton maybe? For the price though, get a google one account, for around 2-3 Euro a month you get a google VPN, but I can't validate how 'secure' you are with that one.
Hello, I would like to get insight from your knowledge on Bitcoin, i randomly received about $232 worth of bitcoin in my wallet address with network fee $608, i am keen to investigating how that got in my wallet because I'm very sure of not giving out my wallet address to anyone....
(06-16-2023, 10:03 AM)0x3a Wrote:
(06-16-2023, 04:46 AM)cyberman Wrote: I find ProtonVPN a pretty good option, despite what is said. Mullvad and Proton are the only ones I trust for opsec purposes.

Yeah but..
The FBI can. The NSA can.

The police can ask the FBI “pretty please”, and get the information without a warrant.

This is because when you strip the TCP headers, the payload is exactly the same on entry and exit to the VPN.

It’s like watching a house with a front and back door.

A very recognizable woman in a red raincoat walks in the front door.

Moments later, she walks out the back door wearing a blue raincoat.

A little wile later, a very recognizable man with a handlebar mustache in a blue raincoat walks in the back door.

Moments, later, obviously the same man, obviously the same handlebar mustache, walks out the front door, wearing a red raincoat.

The only thing you care about is what’s in the right hand pocket of the coat — the destination address on one side of the house or the other; in the front, that’s going to be the house. In the back, that’s going to be the system the VPN is being used to talk to.

And the left hand pocket, for entering the front door, that’s who sent the person; out the back door, that’s the house again. In the back door, it’s the destination for the VPN connection. Out the front door, again, it’s the house.

A VPN is just a house.

If you watch all the entrances and all of the exits, you know where all the packets are coming from, and where they are going to.

this analogy isn't very accurate since you have to consider all the networking layers, for example they can see you sent http reqs with the same cookies from 2 different ips, and cookies and ips are on diff layers
Probably Mullvad.
(06-16-2023, 03:08 PM)orindose Wrote: this analogy isn't very accurate since you have to consider all the networking layers, for example they can see you sent http reqs with the same cookies from 2 different ips, and cookies and ips are on diff layers

agree, but it's nice we get paranoia into people (the new ones) hahaha :pomhappy:
HideMyAss i suggest or no

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Email provider for anonymity omegatiger57 14 2,763 01-21-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: lemontree68
  BEST RDPs Service Provider ? Ddarknotevil 1 721 01-19-2024, 11:44 AM
Last Post: paisano
  Cheapest VPS provider GoldShell 3 1,000 09-01-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: mega-mind